PHOTOlink.net Presents The ART of Celebrity Photography Podcast

Support The ART of Celebrity Photography Podcast with any amount

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Of Blogs, Podcasts and New Media

I admit, sometimes I'm late to the party. I remember years ago, while I was living in Miami Beach, I got to be friends with a few of the lifeguards at the beach, and when they heard about
my business, they started talking greek to me.... the Internet; how to go to a page you'd have to
type these slash marks, emails had to use an @ sign.
I looked at him like he had three heads! Who had time for that??!! Not me! I had work to do! Foolish me... look where we all are today with the net.

Fast forward. Forget the old ads from American Express cards, about don't leave home without it!. Now, with an iPhone, that is tool I don't leave home without. emails, faxes (yes, although a legacy technology, it is still being used), photos, web surfing... you know it all these days, I don't have to enumerate.

So, I've had the idea of The ART of Celebrity Photography since my days in Miami Beach, but never did anything with it. Why not? Who knows. Perhaps lazy, as it takes time away from the business to start it up, but finally, after so many years, I decided to get moving on it.

Five episodes in now and I'm having a great time with it. Reception from the listeners is good, reception from the photographers is good... a rewarding feeling to create something new.
It's a bit difficult to get some of the photographers to sit down and talk about this type of work,
but I'm hoping the current episodes of the podcast will help break down the apprehension of doing an interview. After all, it's no secret that the photographer that lives this life works damn hard, and they are, if anything, under appreciated.

It''s been suggested that newspapers are legacy media. That is hard to get out of my mind, yet, there may indeed be truth that suggestion. So here I am, trying two, not one, but two (count 'em!) new media concepts. Time will tell, but it sure is interesting to finally breathe the podosphere and the blogosphere... like diving into that cold ocean; brisk feeling, to say the least.





No comments:

Post a Comment